atw: Re: Hyperlinked Index Entries in Microsoft Word?

  • From: Michael Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:34:43 +1000

Dear Peter (W)

First, in MS Word 2003, go Tools > Options... > Edit (Tab) and deselect
the "Use Ctrl + Click to follow hyperlink" check box.

Also, go to your index and, while viewing the page, press Alt+F9, which
reveals all codes.  (Note: the viewing "position" might shift as the
document file repaginates.)

Now I am pretty sure that you can add a /h instruction to each index
entry "XE" field code (working from memory here) but I also recall
that you shouldn't need to do this, depending on how the index was
generated using the Insert > Reference > Index and Tables... menu
option dialog.

If the hyperlinks do not already work in the current generated index
you might wish to replace that index with a new one that includes
the needed parameters.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Michael Granat