[99b] Technology used by our Ancestors

  • From: "Dang Hoai Phuc" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <99b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:50:15 +0700

Technology Updates
After digging to a depth of 100 meters last year, Russian scientists found
traces of copper wire dating back 1000 years, and came to the conclusion that
their ancestors already had a telephone network one thousand years ago.
So, not to be outdone, in the weeks that followed, American scientists dug 200
metres and headlines in the US papers read: "US scientists have found traces
of 2000 year old optical fibres, and have concluded that their ancestors
already had advanced high-tech digital telephone 1000 years earlier than the
Russians."
One week later, the Malaysian newspapers reported the following:
"After digging as deep as 500 metres in Ha Noi, Vietnamese scientists have
found absolutely nothing. They have concluded that 5000 years ago, their
ancestors
were
already using wireless technology.
Block quote start