The Clarke Historical Library was founded in 1954 when Dr. Norman C. Clarke, Sr. donated his collection of historical books and other materials to his alma mater, Central Michigan University.

The Clarke Historical Library emphasizes the preservation and collection of documents in three areas:



To read more about the Clarke Historical Library, please visit our website:
Phone:Office: (989) 774-3352
Reading Room & Reference Questions: (989) 774-3864


E-mail:Reference Requests: clarke@cmich.edu


Address:Clarke Historical Library
250 Preston Street
Park Library
Central Michigan University
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859


We are located in the Park Library building in the heart of campus, first floor.
To view this location on a map of the CMU campus, click here