[zxspectrum] Stretch goals galore

  • From: Enrico Maria Giordano <e.m.giordano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 23:54:13 +0200

 Da Carlo:

 *Stretch goals galore*

You made the Spectrum Next happen, we got fully backed on the very next day of the start of the campaign. As a reward, we'll make sure to make the Next a better machine the more people backs it. Here it goes:

*£350,000 - A Better, Stronger Next*
We expand the SLX9 FPGA to its bigger brother, the SLX16. What does it do? Glad you asked: we can add much more hardware features into the Next (60% more room), making it a better computer than it already is!

*£450,000 - Expand Me Easy*
The Next gets sockets for the extra memory, making it as easy as slotting in a memory chip in order to expand its RAM, no more soldering involved. The WiFi also gets a slot, removing the need for soldering too.

*£550,000 - The Holy Manual*
A wiro bound printed manual upgrade, with a sci-fi cover to invoke warm feelings on those in the know.

*£650,000 - Secret*
We'll unwrap this one soon!

*£750,000 - Mega Secret*
Will we ever unwrap this?