[zxspectrum] Fw: 8-channels music from ZX BEEPER in games/demos

  • From: "Stefano" <flydream@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zxspectrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:28:34 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <mister_beep@xxxxx>
To: <mister_beep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 12:22 AM
Subject: 8-channels music from ZX BEEPER in games/demos

Hello there.
Currently we are working on scrumbling out music engine from ZX-7 editor (8
channels from BEEPER) and using it in your own games or demos.
In this case we all could have such tunes (like this new song in style of
"Power Pyramids" / "StarTip2")
http://z80.i-demo.pl/Mister_Beep-A_piece_of_disaster.mp3 easily in own programs
and for now it was impossible because author of ZX-7 hasn't made required
compiler/player. He wrote in some article on the beginning of 90s that he had
some troubles with fitting music and its procedure in RAM.
For now we managed to scrumble out one song from the editor and it works
without it, in BASIC, without problems.
Also XXL added a "loop" mode, which wasn't originally in the editor and it was
big inconvenience.
I'll drop you a if I know anything more.
Kind regards,
MB