[ztebladeopensource] RE: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] wifi driver

  • From: "Morgan, Rob" <Rob.Morgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:54:10 -0000

Hi Benny, someone posted some information about an incompatibility with the
Blade and the Netgear DG834G v5 router, this seems specific to this router so
I’m not sure if your developers can do anything if they don’t have one of them?
  Are there any logs I can ask this person for to provide extra information for
your developers?

Regards

Rob

Could this please be fed back to ZTE as a specific reproducible wifi anomaly?

On disconnecting (whether because of sleep or manual disconnect) from the
Netgear DG834G v5 the SF will not reconnect successfully unless (until) the
router is rebooted.
Phone wifi off/on is not sufficient to reconnect to that router.
The problem seems to happen on every disconnect from that router.

Its not about DG834G v5 compatibility.
Its about the reconnection activity of the SF/Blade not working properly.
The DG834G v5 gives a solid demonstration of where the problems lie. (The v5 is
important. I know the v3 behaves differently.)
If the cause of this were to be determined, it might incidentally be very
helpful to the many many others suffering occasional failures to reconnect.
This is a solid problem in the same area and might well shed some light on
other reconnection difficulties.

发件人:  ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2010-11-15 03:10

请答复 给
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

收件人

<ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

抄送

主题

[ztebladeopensource] wifi driver

Hi, I am still being asked the source to the wifi driver, you mentioned that
you couldn't provide it because it was given to you by a 3rd party, can you
please provide contact details for the 3rd party so that I can ask them about
it?  Also, can you check the license that came with that source just in case it
is open source in which case you should be ok to release it?

Thanks

Rob

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are
not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.