[ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Re: Turies

  • From: ying.ben@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:38:00 +0800

Hi seb,

We have finished the checking work and I will upload the source code this
night.

Thanks.

Best wishes,

Ben | 应贲 System engineer
Project Management Dept. IV | ZTE Handset Division
Seat A2016, Room A205, No.889 Bibo Road, Pudong District, Shanghai.
Tel:+86-21-6889-5200 | Mail:ying.ben@xxxxxxxxxx

Sebastian Robinson <sebastian.robinson@xxxxxxxxxx>
发件人:  ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011-10-30 02:58
请答复 给
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

收件人
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
抄送

主题
[ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource]
Re: Turies

Hi Rob,

Do you have any update for us?  its been a week now...

I'm back in the US for Halloween and I've noticed that Boost Mobile are
selling a ZTE Warp and AT&T are selling another device called the Avail
that is apparently another ZTE device...

neither of those two appear on your support site, so that is now at least
three devices on sale with out the kernel sources being available...

I'm sure your aware that the success of the Blade was helped someway by
the open source development community, and I'd hoped that you'd be able to
lever that go onto bigger and better things, but at the moment its not
panning out that way.  If I was confident that the bootloader was
functional and there was kernel source for these devices I'd of bought
both of these devices but after the issues with the Turies I thought
twice....

Sebastian

2011/10/24 <ying.ben@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi guys,

i'm here, i'm always here.

Pls don't worry, and pls don't hurry.

There are a lot of departments in the big ZTE company, so there are a lot
of walls between the departments.

So we need some times to handle an issue but we will do it.

kb <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
发件人:  ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011-10-24 03:07

请答复 给
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

收件人
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
抄送

主题
[ztebladeopensource] Re: Turies

So when HTC, Samsung and SonyEricsson has started to open up their
bootloaders (SonyEricsson and Samsung even gave away free phones to
CyanogenMod developers), ZTE starts to make their platform more closed.
That is a bad move in my opinion.

Do they not realize that open and customizable phones and tablets is what
people wants and expects now?

I Sweden users of the ZTE V9/Light even bought me a tablet because they
wanted custom ROMs for it. They suggested it, not me. Now they can all
enjoy a very stable Android 2.3.7 (in the form of CyanogenMod) on their
tablets thanks to the community. We can even do multitouch gestures as
zooming and rotating even though it's a single touch resistive screen. And
all the work the community put into it can be found on github so what we
fix and enhance can be useful for ZTE.

If this is where ZTE is heading, then my next device will be from a
different manufacturer.

/kallt_kaffe

PS. I also would like to know where I can find the kernel source for the
ZTE V9C (Reliance 3G tab).

Sebastian Robinson skrev 2011-10-23 18:29:
Thats very true, it makes the Turies a bit of a non-starter for us tho,
theres no released exploit for 2.3.5 as of yet, so no way to root it, and
there is no kernel source, or anyway to re-write the boot partition if we
did..

lets hope that the fastboot problems are an error and will be fixed with
an update....

On 23 Oct 2011, at 09:18, József Király wrote:

It might be a modified fastboot, what only accepts uploads via a serial
console - JTAG, by example. It wouldn't be a surprise, as ZTE has been
deliberately trying to disable user-flashing, and removing fastboot is a
bit against the Android principles (to always have a method what can
recover a dead device). While this principle is not official, as I heard,
Google requires it most of the time (to make the work of warranty services
easier, and unified, except Samsung ofc...), and disabling it wasn't the
best step, so locking it down (á lá HTC) might be a better solution.

2011/10/23 Tom Giordano <tomgiordano83@xxxxxxxxx>
Fastboot without USB is a bit pointless, I don't know why they would both
including it in the bootloader, but if you can't see anything in lsusb it
is certainly broken.

On 23 October 2011 11:04, Sebastian Robinson <
sebastian.robinson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'll grab a config tomorrow, if I try and build it against the SKATE
kernel source there is seems more than happy until it gets to the board
file, so I cant imagine its going to be too different...

but then it is the usual story with ZTE now, we could 'fix' it but I'd
rather have the official source from them since its part of the licence
terms....

Im fairly sure that fastboot has no USB, I've not had this problem with
any of the other devices I've tried it with,  from my linux box doing an
lsusb just shows no USB devices, I've tried it on a windows PC and OSX
just to be sure.

I also tried using USBTrace on my windows box and its not seeing any sort
of activity on the USB port when its in fastboot mode, I can get the thing
into FTM and it's connectable via QPST so im fairly sure there is
something up with fastboot mode.....

unless you have any other ideas I could try

On 23 Oct 2011, at 00:50, Tom Giordano wrote:

The board files should be fairly easy to add (assuming the 2.6.32 source
is correct). Can you pull a config from your device so I can test it
compiles before I upload source (I can't find a Turies rom).

USB should work in fastboot, maybe you have a permissions problem (if
using linux run it as root). USB is deliberately disabled in recovery by
ZTE's FTM_MODE config switch.

On 23 October 2011 04:24, Sebastian Robinson <
sebastian.robinson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if anyone is still subscribed here, or if ZTE follow this,
but I just wanted to flag up that the ZTE Turies is now available to buy
in the UK, but there is no sign of the source code on ZTE's support
site....   It comes with a 2.6.35 kernel, so I checked the Skate and
Roamer source but was unable to build a kernel using that since the board
files are missing.

I also noticed that when I reboot the device into recovery or fastboot
mode there is no USB, is this on purpose?

Cheers,
Sebastian

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to
others.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam
system.