[ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Problem with Hungarian shipments

  • From: Krister <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 22:54:31 +0100

Hi József, kallt_kaffe here, I'm just guessing but if you have tried a
dump from a new 512Mb Hungarian Blade it doesn't have to mean that it
will automaticly fix the problem on the old phones. There is likely more
than the linux kernel and the android build that could have an effect on
this and the kernel(boot.img) and the android system (/system) is pretty
much what we can dump. With my other Android phone, a Huawei U8100,
official ROMs seems to contain more stuff, like firmwares. It's not
unlikely that the fix needed is some kind of new firmware. Similar to
replacing the BIOS in a PC, that kind of firmware.

My OSF reports this at boot:
<6>[ 0.040498] Memory: 214MB 256MB = 470MB total
<5>[ 0.040531] Memory: 423680KB available (4872K code, 1038K data, 140K
init)

So it seems like there are two memory banks and my guess is that the
256Mb phones have a broken "BIOS" that reports only one bank to linux
kernel.

Now, I'm just guessing and speculating but it makes sense and I really
hope that there is a software solution to the 256Mb problem. I suppose
that it there also is a small chance that it could be possible to
"force" the linux kernel into using more memory by adding "mem=470M" to
the boot commmand line. I could create a custom boot.img for the Finnish
Fillyjonk ROM if you are interested in trying.

Best regards (and Merry Christmas)

kallt_kaffe (Krister)