[ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Problem with Hungarian shipments

  • From: ying.ben@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 20:07:10 +0800

Hi József, the project manager told me that the new version of Hungarian
Blade is not TM_P729TV1.0.0B07. We have upgraded the software.
Do you get the new software? Maybe you can wait for it.

Best regards.

You can call me Ben.
-

József Király <fonix232@xxxxxxxxx>
发件人:  ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2010-12-25 16:57
请答复 给
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

收件人
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
抄送

主题
[ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re:
[ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] 答
复: [ztebladeopensource] Problem with Hungarian shipments

If the RS232 overlay is connected somehow to the memory banks, then you
can call the content of it. It will be binary, so it will be needed to
decode, but still possible. Only problem is that you need the ZTE
application for it.

The amount of RAM changes a bit. As I said, original B02 hungarian ROM
shows 160,01MB (and all of the others, except B07(internalcode), what
tells me 160,99MB) free RAM, and Froyo too. Haven't looked into
Gingerbread too much!

2010/12/25 Tom Giordano <tomgiordano83@xxxxxxxxx>
Does the amount of memory available change using different roms? What is
the VMSPLIT when only 256MB is available? Changing the VMSPLIT to 3G
causes half of the memory to disappear. Some users may have noticed that
my gingerbread roms based on the SDK are missing RAM due to the 3G VMSPLIT
used. With the AOSP based roms I switched back to 2G VMSPLIT.

PS. I don't think the RS232 is much good for dumping anything (unless
there is some way to get fastboot to generate dump). It is only really for
debugging or interacting with rs232 devices (which it isn't very practical
for due to the placement and connection method).

2010/12/25 József Király <fonix232@xxxxxxxxx>

I would gladly try it!
But, one question. Should it work with any other ROMs? Could you please at
least make the boot.img for the Hungarian Hedgehog, as it is very similar
to the B07 ( it is built over B02)? That would be easier to bugfix.

But, if Roger's idea is right (a BIOS stuff not reading the secondary chip
in), then the force will do nothing sadly. Only if Tom G would be able to
get the proper images out through RS232... I guess, T-Mobile will flash
the new firmware through that!

BTW, I would like to know the official ZTE point. Does flashing
ClockWorkMod Recovery void the warranty or not?

Also, fonix232 here ;)

2010/12/24 Krister <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi József, kallt_kaffe here, I'm just guessing but if you have tried a
dump from a new 512Mb Hungarian Blade it doesn't have to mean that it will
automaticly fix the problem on the old phones. There is likely more than
the linux kernel and the android build that could have an effect on this
and the kernel(boot.img) and the android system (/system) is pretty much
what we can dump. With my other Android phone, a Huawei U8100, official
ROMs seems to contain more stuff, like firmwares. It's not unlikely that
the fix needed is some kind of new firmware. Similar to replacing the BIOS
in a PC, that kind of firmware.

My OSF reports this at boot:
<6>[    0.040498] Memory: 214MB 256MB = 470MB total
<5>[    0.040531] Memory: 423680KB available (4872K code, 1038K data, 140K
init)

So it seems like there are two memory banks and my guess is that the 256Mb
phones have a broken "BIOS" that reports only one bank to linux kernel.

Now, I'm just guessing and speculating but it makes sense and I really
hope that there is a software solution to the 256Mb problem. I suppose
that it there also is a small chance that it could be possible to "force"
the linux kernel into using more memory by adding "mem=470M" to the boot
commmand line. I could create a custom boot.img for the Finnish Fillyjonk
ROM if you are interested in trying.

Best regards (and Merry Christmas)

  kallt_kaffe (Krister)

József Király skrev 2010-12-24 11:18:
Well, T-Mobile already published the new shipments with the corrected
firmware (it has Internal Build code TM_P729TV1.0.0B07).
And also I got information from T-Mobile that it will be available on 29th
December at their own service stations, but you, ZTE, have already
published it on your site (maybe mis-information, or simply the T guy had
access to the restricted areas). But, if the written firmware isn't the
one you made, may I get a preview of it, just to see if it works? Because
T-Mobile made fool of me many times (told me that phone got water damaged,
thus no warranty, but the phone was just opened from the box, etc), and if
there's a need, I wouldn't like to run circles, but go to consumer
protection first. Of course, not against you, I can rarely find such a
responsive company anywhere, who make such high-quality devices at such
low price (I wonder now, why HTC Android phones with lower hardware than
the Blade costs so much. Maybe that shiny "Quietly brilliant" logo?), but
against T-Mobile, that they won't swap the device, and I'm sure if the
firmware does not work, they will have a backup story why not to swap the
phone in warranty...

I'm totally cool, I was upset when I got informed that T-Mobile got the
new models with correct firmware (although I still can't see why the new
firmware won't show me 414MB available RAM instead of the currently shown
160,99MB), and that they won't swap the device in case of:
- RAM problems (the written 256MB instead of 512)
- Screen gradient problems (the screen at some gradients turns to
blue-ish)
- Wifi drop problem.
I had a feeling they are simply sh*tting on our head, and go for higher
sales, not caring about customers who already bought it.

So, I got the new software from a new device's dump, tried it, it is a bit
faster than the old one (although the build B02 was fast enough, tried it,
even faster than a stock Galaxy S, now THAT'S what I call OS quality...
and some people tells me the system isn't optimized enough...), and wifi
bug is kinda fixed (no more won't connect to router, it reconnects in the
moment I unlock the screen).

Any ways, thank you for your help, even at Christmas, and have a merry
Christmas time!

2010/12/24 <ying.ben@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi József:

        I'm so sorry to hear this information and i think you shall cool
down to have a good Christmas because we have finished the new version for
Hungarian T-mobile Blade and you may just wait a few days then you will
get upgrading to solve your problem. But we and T-mobile havn't published
the new version now, so can you tell me where you got the new software?
        Merry Chirstmas!
Best regards.

You can call me Ben.
-

József Király <fonix232@xxxxxxxxx>
发件人:  ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2010-12-24 15:57

请答复 给
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

收件人
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
抄送

主题
[ztebladeopensource] Problem with Hungarian shipments

Hi again!

I know you're busy with Christmas and the launch of the Japanese Blade,
but I would need a little info ASAP!
Yesterday, I got informed that the Hungarian Blade (what has only 256MB
RAM) is actually factory defect, as ZTE was to send the 512MB RAM version!
I've gone to T-Mobile Hungary, and they said that you and they are working
on the problem, and it will be fixed with a new software version. I've got
access to this new software, but it DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING! I still got
256MB RAM accessible, and while it seems a *bit* faster, no other changes.

I would like to know your official position on this case. Is it true that
the new firmware will fix it, or T-Mobile is trying to fool us (again)?

Thank you very much in advance:
fonix232

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to
others.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam
system.