[ztebladeopensource] Origin of 2.6.32 kernel?

  • From: Jon Vaughan <jon-sanfran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 18:25:48 +0000

Hi Ben,

Thank you for uploading the code.

I maintain a git source repository at
http://github.com/jvaughan/san-francisco-kernel to help collaboration
between people working on custom software for the Blade.

For the zte-2.6.29 branch,  I committed the code against the
android-msm-2.6.29 branch from Code Aurora Forum.  The Code Aurora
code appeared to be close to your released kernel, with the only
changes appearing to be for ZTE device support in your released code,
so this made sense and adds history to our repository.

Comparing the new 2.6.32 kernel to the Code Aurora 2.6.32 branch,
there are many more changes and they not only zte-specific so it looks
like you didn't use this as your starting point.

If you're happy to share, it would be helpful to know what kernel you
used as the basis for this release?

Thanks,

Jon