[yunqa.de] Re: disqlite - adding functions

  • From: "Clyde" <clyde@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:54:23 +0800

>The function in my Demo code (looks differently! You must be using an
>older version of the demo (before DISQLite 1.5.0) with DISQLite3 1.5.0 or
>later!

This is directly from my install of the commercial version 3.5.9. So if it is
an older version the implication is that it is still included in the latest
install, so you might want to look into that.

The only other version I ever had was the personal version, but I'm pretty sure
that was 3.5.9 also. I only started using DISqlite a few weeks ago, so I don't
see how I could have got hold of an older version.

Interestingly, the console demo applications compiles just fine. It is only
when I copy and paste the exact same code into my forms based application I
then get the error. So how do you reconcile that?

Not sure if it relevant, but I am using Delphi 5

>The function declaration is incorrect. Instead, please use this one which
>I already posted in my previous message:

Yep, when I use that declaration it compiles OK. I just couldn't understand why
the console application worked first go, but then copy and paste into my test
forms application did not.

However, I do thank you for your reply. It has enabled me to get this working
and I can see huge potential in being able to add my own functions.

As Jerry mentioned in a previous post, the more I dig into DiSqlite, the more I
am impressed with it. It really is a great port for Delphi and is very
flexible, not to mention fast!.

Thanks
Clyde