[yunqa.de] Yustemmer issues

  • From: "George Spears" <george@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:03:26 -0400

Hello,

I have just upgraded my environment.  Now running XE6, with YuStemmer 3.5.0.

I can get the test app to compile fine.

When I load my app, and try to compile, I get a lot of errors.  It appears
what is happening is either namespace collisions or overloading issues.

I have YuStemmer in my USES clause.  It is calling DISystemCompat.
DISystemCompat is where the issues are at.

At approx. line 170, you have

function Utf8ToString(const s: PAnsiChar): UnicodeString;

begin

  Result := UTF8ToUnicodeString(s);

end;

where UTF8ToUnicodeString is another function in this Unit (3 line down).

There is also a function Utf8ToUnicodeString in the System unit.

Subsequently I am getting an error "Ambiguous overloaded call to
'Utf8ToUnicodeString' ".

I have tried changing the above call to the following.

function Utf8ToString(const s: PAnsiChar): UnicodeString;

begin

  Result := DiSystemCompat.UTF8ToUnicodeString(s);

end;

I now get a lot of "procedure. must be marked with the overload directive.

Is there an easy fix to this?

IF IT HELPS ANY, HERE IS THE USES CLAUSE in my program

uses

  {$IFDEF FastMM}{$I FastMM_uses.inc}{$ENDIF}

   DISystemCompat,

  Windows, Messages, System.SysUtils, Variants, System.Classes, Graphics,
Controls, Forms,

  Dialogs, DB, StdCtrls, DBCtrls, ABSMain, AdvOfficePager, AdvCombo,
Lucombo,

  dblucomb, Buttons, Grids, DBGrids, AdvObj, BaseGrid, AdvGrid, DBAdvGrid,

  ExtCtrls, Menus,   JCLAnsiStrings, Generics.Collections, Math,

  TypeDefIncludes, ShellAPI, ShlObj, YuStemmer;

Thanks

George S