[yunqa.de] WikiTaxi Importer not working on Windows 7 (xml.bz2 file not detected, "import now" button always disabled)

  • From: Adaway <adaway@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:43:07 +0100

The Software:
I'm using WikiTaxi 1.0.6 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

The Issue:
When I click on the "browse" button for the XML dump file, I select the wiki
dump xml.bz2 file, and click "save", the file selection dialog close... but
the filename doesn't appear in the xml dump pathname textbox.
Even if I write the full xml dump pathname by hand, the "import now" button
remain disabled.

The browse button for the .taxi db file works as espected.

My consideration (I'm a software developer too :-)
*) using simpler filename like "aaa.bz2" or "bbb.xml.bz2" instead of
"enwiki-20100312-pages-articles.xml.bz2" give the same issue

*) maybe there is something not working in the code that check the filename
returned by the xml dump file selection dialog?
*) may I help? (testing? debugging?)

Thank you for writing WikiTaxi, it's a really useful software :-)

Thanks,
Adaway