[yunqa.de] Re: Shortcut error

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:07:43 +0200

Gr. Heart wrote:

>I would like to inform you that it is not possible to make a shortcut when
>there are spaces in the directory location: by example in c:\Documents!and
>setting (I mean the place of the !)

This is not a WikiTaxi problem, but Windows requires to quote file names and
directories which contain white space:

  WikiTaxi.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\You Wiki.Taxi"

>Further I would like to know or the wiki-database file which I download is
>only text or also images. It's quite large for only text, but maybe it's a
>special format.

The Wiki dumps are growing as more content is added, so WikiTaxi stores text in
a compressed format to reduce the database size. I examined quite a number of
compression algorithms: those with best compression take only save a few
percent storage space but result in considerably longer import times. So the
current implementation is quite a good trade-off, and WikiTaxi databases are
considerably smaller than MediaWiki's original MySql tables.

>Are you also working on a way to display formulas in the right way?

Not right now. It would required a TeX renderer written in Delphi Pascal to
keep WikiTaxi a single-file executable. Alternatively, I imagine that WikiTaxi
could call TeX for the conversion, which would require a separate TeX
installation. So far I have not looked at either option, so I would appreciate
if anyone could share some insight!