[yunqa.de] Re: Scribunto support? ENWiktionary viewing issue

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:40:44 +0100

You are right, WikiTaxi does not at current support the Scribuntu extension. Unfortunately, many Wiki pages now use Scribuntu and no longer display correctly in WikiTaxi.

Scribuntu support is definitely the first thing I will work on when I next get my hands on WikiTaxi. However, since other tasks keep me very busy at the moment I can not promise when this will be, I am afraid.

Ralf

On 10.12.2013 20:51, Tina Lukša wrote:

Hello! I am contacting you in hopes that you can help me solve an
issue I have as of late with viewing a english wiktionary.

I have already contacted the wiki support and recieved information
that the reason I see code (#invoke tags) instead of a proper textual
translation is due to changes made on the mediawiki. Apparently
scribuntu is needed to display the translation and formulas properly.

A solution that was offered is an alternative app called Xowa which I
would rather avoid as the database requiers a lot more space.

I was hoping you could point me in the right direction if Scribuntu
can be integratet into WikiTaxi which I still deem as the top offline
wiki browser, despite not being updated for almost four years.

My programing knowledge is rather limited but I can follow detailed
instructions if code changing is requierd.