[yunqa.de] Re: SQLite Error 11 - malformed database schema ... near "TRIGGER"

  • From: Andy <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 21:31:54 +0000

Thanks Stephan,

I had already tried that solution in between my post and yours, but it fails with an out of memory error after about 15 seconds, before it gets as far as displaying anything. I'm running Win 7-64 with 12Gb physical memory.

Only 165,000 rows, but quite a lot of strings on each row.

SQLiteSpy starts quickly, but does it use TCLientDataSet? I don't have a problem unless I use TClientDataSet. If there is another way to hook the dataset up to a dbgrid without using TCLientDataSet it might solve the problem.

Rgds, Andy

On 21/01/2013 21:13, Hennekens, Stephan wrote:
Hi Andy,

The display strings larger than 20 chars use the
DISqlite3UniDirQueryInitFieldDef event. Check the demo 'DISQLite3_World'.

procedure Txxxxxx.DISqlite3UniDirQueryInitFieldDef(const AColumn:
TDISQLite3Column;
   const AFieldDef: TFieldDef);
begin
    inherited;
      case AFieldDef.DataType of
       ftWideString: begin
         AFieldDef.Size := 255;
       end;
   end;
end;

No idea why loading your dataset takes 20 secs. I have for instance a data
table with  300.000 records which loads in a 0.3 second. Did you try to open
the table using SQLiteSpy? This tool gives a good impression how fast data
tables can be loaded.

Regards,
Stephan

Stephan Hennekens