[yunqa.de] Re: Reading Zip files and streams

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:38:36 +0200

Adam Russell wrote:

>the DIZipWriter component is obviously for writing to and updating zip
>archives,

DIZipWriter is for creating and writing to new ZIP archives, but not for
updating existing ones.

>but what do you use for the read operation? How can I implement in Delphi the
>ability to open and read streams created with DIZipWriter?

DIZipWriter has the ability to write ZIP archives to TStream instances so that
individual stream classes can add custom functionality or create entire
archives in memory. Examples include sending them via the Internet (with MIME
encoding, for example) or simply saving them to disk quickly in one big flush
instead of many smaller onces.

To open ZIP archives created by DIZipWriter, any other Delphi ZIP component
will do. I just do not know if they have the advantage of handling streams as
well as DIZipWriter does it.