[yunqa.de] Reading Zip files and streams

  • From: "Adam Russell" <adamr99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:38:34 +1000

Hi - I feel like I'm about to ask a question for which the answer is
already staring me in the face .... or so obvious that I should
already know the answer :-)

the DIZipWriter component is obviously for writing to and updating zip
archives, but what do you use for the read operation?

I want to implement the ability to:

a) write from DIXml to PKZip compatible archives - should be no
problem given DIZipwriter and the examples posted recently in these
forums;
b) write PKZip compatible archives for files that I just currently
stream as uncompressed (no problems)
c) to open files that are zipped in existing PKZip compatible archives
- mostly text and xml encoded text files

the examples posted recently regarding BZip2 lib are also very helpful

Ralph - how can I implement in Delphi the ability to open and read
streams created with DIZipWriter?

thanks and regards,
a.

p.s. I've downloaded the trial vesion of DIZipWriter but I'm getting a
version incompatability error between DIZipWriter and DIContainers.

I've reviewed the examples and help files however, and can see that
there are low-level methods in the ZipAPI to decompress and inflate
data - is this the solution?  no nice helper functions but putting
together a method based on the API?

thanks and regards,
a.