[yunqa.de] Re: Performance and DiSqlite database size?

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 20:03:04 +0100

At 17:36 25.10.2009, Edwin Yip wrote:

>Thanks for the information. While the information is already very helpful, I'd
>like to clarify my question, 100 MB is the estimated total size of the blobs,
>for each record the blobs should be less than 1 MB usually, so I think this
>can be can be handled in DISQLITE effectively according to your information :)

Yes, 1 MB blobs should pose no problems.

>One more question, I just checked the DISQLite3_Blob_and_Streams DEMO program
>and noticed that the TDISQLite3IncrBlobStream.Create constructor method needs
>a 'database name' parameter while a 'database connection' is already supplied,
>I don't understand why a 'database name' is still needed and how do I know the
>name? 'main' is passed in your demo, is this a fixed value? Thanks again.

Thanks to ATTACH DATABASE, a single SQLite database connection can contain
multiple databases. Different databases are identified by name in both SQL and
the API.

"main" is the detault name for, well, the main database -- that is the database
initially opened to the database handle.

Attached databases have their own names. You can list all (both main and
attached) databases and their properties with this SQL:

  PRAGMA database_list;

Pass one of those names to the blob API when operating on your SQLite database.