[yunqa.de] Re: ORDER BY MATCH in full text search

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 12:55:07 +0200

At 00:58 03.05.2009, Kristian Williams wrote:

>Hi, I'm currently playing with DISQLite3 full text search demo and would like
>to know if it's possible to order matched documents by number of matches, for
>example, in descending order. What query syntax should I use?

Ranking syntax for FTS does not yet exist. Some ideas were spread and discussed
in the mailing list, but they have not yet been implemented.

See http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@xxxxxxxxxx/msg25252.html for the
discussion.

>You know, like almost all search interfaces work - they list documents with
>more matches first.

At the time of this writing, FTS is able to retrieve a subset of matching
documents quickly, but still leaves the ranking and sorting to applications.