[yunqa.de] Re: Disqlite 3 Pro : Temporary table question

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 23:10:09 +0200

On 01.04.2012 21:43, Jon Burnham wrote:

> 1) In this scenario, should I be using multi DBs or just one. Is
> there a performance gain/loss by using many?

Single or multiple DBs don't make much of a difference, except as
discussed and explained in this thread:

  //www.freelists.org/post/yunqa/DISQLite-multithread

Other than that, go for what appeals to you most.

> 2) Should I use disk based or mem based DBs, again in this scenario.

Same as 1). But obviously depends on your memory and DB size, no?

> 3) Please can you give me a quick pointer on how to use params for
> that query.

Look up sqlite3_bind_blob(). Or just SEARCH DISQLite3.chm for "params".

> 4) Is there a good way I can avoid using 'inline' SQL, as I hate it,
> it's so prone to errors (for me). But then params make this difficult
> if there is no design persistence to accommodate them.

Demos here:

* DISQLite3\Demos\DISQLite3_Bind_Params
* DISQLite3\Demos\DISQLite3_Bind_Params_Names