[yunqa.de] Re: Disqlite 3 Pro : Temporary table question

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:26:27 +0200

On 04.04.2012 15:03, Jon Burnham wrote:

> But I cannot get the cursor to move to the record in the grid. I have
> set up the param, and it this SQL works with other DB providers.

I am afraid, I can not extract your problem from just your description.
I need to see your source code to know what you are talking about exactly.

> Secondly, what is the best syntax for extracting the field data from
> the row once found. I cannot check that the DB is accepting the query
> properly, which is why I usually use visual checks.

  FieldValue := ClientDataSet.FieldByName('Name').AsString;

> The demos are all too much, as they work at too high a level for me
> for this particular problem.

Did you look at the Demo project in this folder?

  \Demos\DISQLite3_ClientDataSet_Grid\

The demo shows how to display data in TDBGrid using
TDISQLite3UniDirQuery, TDataSetProvider and TClientDataset. It should be
very close to what you want to implement.

Since you like to use TParams, I have added data filtering based on
using TParams and attached to this message. I hope you find it useful.

Ralf