[yunqa.de] Re: DiSqlite - How to get all snippets if more than one occurrence?

  • From: Edwin Yip <edwin.yip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:59:01 +0800

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for the comments. Two derived questions then, if I could:

   1. It seems that the offsets function returns information about the
   bytes, only, but not characters? How to handle UNICDOE then? For example,
   the description of the 3rd integer of the return value of offsets function:
   "The byte offset of the matching term within the column.".

   2. When manually extracting the snippets from a large string (thousands
   of characters), what's the most efficient way? especially that I need to
   also insert the <b></b> around the matching keywords? Do you have a library
   that make these kind of things easier? You know, you have a bunch of
   libraries ;)

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 11:21 16.03.2010, Edwin Yip wrote:
>
> >It seems the snippet function in DiSqlite only returns the first
> occurrence of the matching string,
>
> Yes, this is the expected behaviour.
>
> >how to get all? I am asking this because I want to implement something
> like search result preview, for example, when searching a document for a
> string, I want to use a TListView control to list all matching snippets, so
> that the cursor will go to the corresponding matching place when the user
> click anyone the list items.
> >
> >The only approach I can think of as of now is that, to use the offsets
> information to extract matching strings from the original text.
>
> I can not think of another approach either, but this one should certainly
> do the trick. Especially so since the snippets() function does not return
> the position of the snippet within the text.
>
> Ralf

Best Regards,
Edwin Yip

Mind Mapping is as Effortless as Typing