[yunqa.de] Re: DiSqlite FTS: Sort result by relevance

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:38:37 +0200

At 05:50 12.10.2009, Edwin Yip wrote:

>Sqlite does already very well with full text search/index, but I wonder how it
>handles the keyword relevance, for example, when we search for keyword "apple"
>and there are many  records contains this keyword, in the returned search
>record set, the ones where "apple" appears many times should come first while
>the ones where "apple" appears less times  should come last. Does DiSqlite
>handles this already?

No to both questions.

Unfortunately, SQLite FTS extenisons do not include built-in support for word
ranking or weighting.

Some thoughts about document-based ranking have been discussed on the mailing
but have not been implemented yet:

  http://marc.info/?l=sqlite-users&m=118133996029607&w=2

There have been no efforts towards word-based FTS ranking that I am aware of.