[yunqa.de] Re: DITidy does not find errors in HTML

  • From: Peter Bezemek <pietro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:43:12 +0100

On 19.3.2012 18:18, Delphi Inspiration wrote:
On 16.03.2012 18:47, Peter Bezemek wrote:

But the test file is in XHTML and it is an error in this specification.
I stand corrected. Unfortunately, Tidy is not the perfect HTML validator
but still does a pretty good job for a small library.

Luckily, there are recent efforts to add HTML 5 support to Tidy. I am
monitoring these developments and will update DITidy as the code base
matures.

Interestingly, HTML 5 allows to omit the</p>  end tag in certain situations:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/syntax.html#syntax-tag-omission