[yunqa.de] DISQLite3Database.execute() produces incorrect results (so does SQLiteSpy, but not other db managers)?‏

  • From: H M <docshotmail2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:32:34 +0000

I am using DISQLite3Database.execute() to run an insert query.
the sql has the form
INSERT INTO table1
SELECT
FROM Table2 .

However the data that gets inserted using DISQLite3Database.execute() is
incorrect and different to that which gets inserted when the same sql is
copy/pasted into a db manager (SQLiteExpertPro) and run through that. Then the
correct data gets inserted.

Interestingly, if I run the sql through SQLiteSpy (ver 1.9.0) instead it also
inserts incorrect data. This might suggest that the same code in SQLiteSpy and
DISQLite3Database is causing the problem.

(This might be related to my post of 24.09.2013 regarding the
DISQLite3UnidirQuery and also the thread of 22/10/2012 )
However I really need a solution to this insert issue.

Attached (I hope) is a sample project in Delphi 2009 that shows the behaviour.

Howard