[yunqa.de] Re: DISQLite3 Personal vs. Professional

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:22:41 +0200

On 23.04.2014 14:22, Jaroslav Černý wrote:

So does it mean that if the database contains features not supported by
Personal licensing I must use Professional version even if the features
will not be used by the application itself?

DISQLite3 Personal does not support trigger or views and is therefore not able to open database files which contain triggers or views.

Triggers and views are a "feature" of that database which you can only use with DISQLite3 Pro.

Plus is it possible to test the Professional license before paying?

Absolutely.

I know it is possible to download but will it work?

The DISQLite3 Pro certainly works. You may download your copy from

  http://yunqa.de/delphi/doku.php/products/sqlite3/index

Extract the files, set up your Delphi search path as described in the documentation, rebuild your application using the DISQLite3 Pro units and test.