[yunqa.de] Re: DISQLite3_Drive_Catalog demo & DevExpress Quantum TreeList

  • From: "email@xxxxxxxxxx" <email@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:25:12 +0100

Understood.

Hours later, I managed to convert it using more or less decent speed. Virtual Tree is still faster, but the DX converted project isn't bad either.

One thing I noticed about this demo: if a file gets added to the FFileCache ie.

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ //
function TDriveCatalogDB.GetFileData(const TheID : Int64) : PFileData;
begin
     Result := FFileCache.GetItem(TheID);
     if Not Assigned(Result) then
     begin
          Result := FFileCache.AddItem(TheID);
         // ...
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ //

And the file info is changed in db, the FFileCache cache is never updated.

This literally negates any benefits of using the cache in the first place. I mean what's the benefits of getting the file info from the db fast if this info is actually obsolete?

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

On 12/14/2012 10:48 AM, Delphi Inspiration wrote:
On 14.12.2012 02:35, email@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've been studying the DISQLite3_Drive_Catalog demo. It's *really* fast
and I wonder if there something similar that works with DevExpress'
QuantumTreeList (ie. TcxVirtualTreeList)
I am not aware of another solution which would rival the speed of
DISQLite3_Drive_Catalog or DISQLite3_Buffered_Grid.

I've been trying to adapt this demo for TcxVirtualTreeList, but failed
so far.

If anyone (Ralf?) has done this before (adapt the demo to work with
TcxVirtualTreeList), I'd be _very grateful_ if you could share it
I have no experience with TcxVirtualTreeList as I do not have a license
for it.