[yunqa.de] Re: DISQLite driver for RemObject's DataAbstract

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 12:32:16 +0100

On 22.02.2013 18:05, Modularity wrote:

> Do you (or do you plan to) provide a driver to access DISQLite with
> RemObject's DataAbstract platform ?

DISQLite3 is small and fast because it is direct and does not use
abstraction levels like RemObject's DataAbstract. This is in line with
the original SQLite and one of the reasons for its success. While
RemObject's DataAbstract certainly has other advantages, it runs counter
to this direct database approach.

In addition, RemObject's DataAbstract is commercial software which I
have not licensed. To support a DISQLite3 driver professionally, this
would be required. Since you are the first to ask for RemObject's
DataAbstract support, this investment will most likely not pay out.

Hence I have no plans to provide a DISQLite3 driver to RemObject's
DataAbstract. I am sorry to disappoint, but this is how things stand at
the moment.