[yunqa.de] DISQLITE3 - One field repeating result on SELECT queries

  • From: Jefferson Ryan <disqlite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:30:56 -0300

I hope this is not a dumb question. I googled around without success.

And sorry for my English. I'm brazilian.

I'm testing the last version of disqlite3 personal and Delphi 5. I'm trying
to build a GUI test application using only controls. I have in the form the
following components (connected in this order):

DISQLite3Database1
DISQLite3UniDirQuery1
DataSource1
DBGrid1

DISQLite3Database1 points to the "world.db" demo database.

The problem occured when I put the following SELECT statement in
DISQLite3UniDirQuery1:

SELECT * from countries

I expected the result to be a list with all countries. But be at design or
at runtime, only the contents of one field appears, repeating until there is
no more visible space in the DBGRID.

More strange: starting with 40 rows of the "Belize" country, If I reduce the
height of DBGRID and restore it again, I have 40 rows of Cocos Islands.

One more time: 40 rows of Fawklands Islands
One more time: 40 rows of haiti
One more time: 40 rows of Kingman Reef

SELECT * from countries where ID=20 works as expected (only one field
returns)
SELECT * from countries where ID>20 has the same problem (one repeating
field)

My only database experience is with paradox. I never saw this behaviour and
I'm stuck.

Jefferson Ryan