[yunqa.de] Re: Custom Collations

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:28:12 +0200

Clyde wrote:

>Thanks, the problem was with my test data being incomplete and I was expecting
>SYSTEM to have ALL uppercase data to come before ALL lowercase data (similar
>to the default sqlite collation), and that SYSTEMNOCASE should be the only one
>to group differnet case together.

Glad you were able to sort this out!

>It would appear that the collation SYSTEM gives *nearly* equal "weight" to
>upper and lowcase letters that are the same, rather than a big gap between say
>a-A
>
>How can I get a table or list of what each character "weight" is when the
>Collation SYSTEM is used?

I don't know. The actual comparison is done by the Windows.CompareString...
function and its actual implementation depends on the user/system langauage
setting (German might sort different than French). You would have to ask
Microsoft for the actual comparison tables or implement your own string
comparison function to know 100% for sure what is going on.