[yunqa.de] Brief licensing question

  • From: Marek Jedlinski <marek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 05:07:03 +0100

Hello,

Just a brief question about licensing. From descriptions of the
various products I gather that:

- DIHTMLParser relies on or requires DIUnicode
- DIFileFinder relies on or requires DIRegEx

So my question is, if I purchase the source-code version of
DIHTMLParser, will it also include the DIUnicode source code? And
similarly, does the purchase of DIFileFinder include the source code
edition of DIRegEx?

And a separate thing - I've been looking for a method to detect UTF-8
files/streams even when they do not contain the byte order mark. (I'm
aware that a stream is indistinguishable from ascii if it only
contains codepoints < 127, but that's not at issue. I need the
detection to work when the stream contains characters with higher
values). Does DIUnicode (or another DI product) contain such a
function? I hoped to find something in JCL or the TNT components, but
all detection routines there require the BOM to be present. I couldn't
find anything in the Help file for DIUnicode trial version, but maybe
I've missed something.

Thank you kindly
.marek

--