[yshavurah] Micki Adams' Celebration - August 13, 2006

  • From: Adamsmicki@xxxxxxx
  • To: Dejavu1182@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 02:51:39 EDT

Hi Everyone,

A quickie note so you can  mark your calendars well in advance and start
thinking about what you're gonna  bring.

Mom had requested, "Check  to see if the Dayton Convention Center is
available, and if it's not, try for  the Unitarian Fellowship."

Since the Convention Center  wasn't available, we scheduled
Mom's Memorial Celebration  for Sunday, August 13, beginning at 2:00 pm at
the Unitarian Fellowship in Goes  Station, 3 miles south of Yellow Springs on
Route 68.  Anyone who needs  more explicit directions, please contact me.
It's
going to  be a potluck eat-all-afternoon-into-the-evening kinda thing, so if
you ever  brought a dish to one of Mom's parties and she oohed and aahed over
it, please  bring it again.  If you didn't, please bring your favourite  dish.
 For those of you who don't cook, it's quite all right to grab some  chips
and dips, munchies or whatever you'd like.  Mom loved all of those,  too.
We'll
provide soft drinks and ice; if you want something  stronger, you're welcome
to BYOB, but please remember to drive  safely.  Board games or cards are also
welcome.  There will be lots of  eating and we're planning on a time for
everyone to gather and share a story,  tell stories on,  say something or
reminisce
about Mom.  Suffice  to say, we've never been in this position before, so
we're winging it.  If  you have suggestions for something to include, please,
by
all means, contact  me.  We have some surprises planned that you won't want to
miss.
Please RSVP to me

                               via email:  _DejaVu1182@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:DejaVu1182@xxxxxxx)
                          or via  phone:  (937) 767-9393

the names of who will be  attending by August 1 so we have an idea of  what
to purchase.

Let's have a great time and  remember a great lady, friend, person and Mom!!!!

Waiting to hear from  you.......

Donna