[yoshimi] --state and -S not synonyms and trying to load non-existing state

  • From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 01:50:12 +0100

I've come across this while trying to quickly open yoshimi from a terminal did:

yoshimi -S myfile.state

and was defaulted (I guess) to the default state with 'simple sound' (i.e. my state file wasn't loaded)

However if I did:

yoshimi --state=myfile.state

the state file loaded as expected.

So according to the manual shouldn't -S and --state be synonyms?

Also I noticed that if I do

yoshimi --state=non_existent_file

no warning is displayed about not finding the requested state file. I understand that yoshimi is defaulting to "HOME/.config/yoshimi/yoshimi.state" but shouldn't at least a warning be displayed somewhere?

Ciao,
Lorenzo.
Yoshimi source code is available from either:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi
Or: https://github.com/Yoshimi/yoshimi
To post, email to yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx