[yoshimi] Re: adding external midi controller

  • From: "Jonathan E. Brickman" <jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 18:48:11 -0600

On 12/31/18 3:24 PM, distro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thank you, yes the Nektar can be used as a generic USB controller. And as mentioned it works under other apps using ALSA. I plan to find out the correct value to put in the settings field for ALSA.

The problem is that the Settings > ALSA Midi Source has a text field only (no recognition feature, drop-down selector, etc) with a default value of 'default.'

I imagine now I will have to figure out what value to place in that field for the midi controller to then be recognized and selected for use.

You will need to use either 'aconnect' if you choose to run Yoshimi using ALSA MIDI, or JACK if you choose to use JACK MIDI. How familiar are you with Linux audio tools?

--

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    (785)233-9977
Hear us at ponderworthy.com <http://ponderworthy.com/> -- CDs and MP3 available! <http://ponderworthy.com/ad-astra/ad-astra.html>