[yoshimi] Re: Opinions Please

  • From: "Jonathan E. Brickman" <jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 05:35:56 -0600

On 12/30/18 1:05 AM, distro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Jonathan -cool! Thank you for the response.
You are most welcome.

I understand about the CentOS/RHEL situation. Basic dev libraries are painfully out-of-date, repo use is a pain, etc. I had to basically use and get familiar with CentOS for a good 6-months+ for professional reasons and was severely missing the wide world and ease of Arch + Yoshimi, thus glad to be back... (I'll stick to RHEL for web servers and short updates and sessions)..

Since my last email, just a short while ago, I sprung and bought myself my 1 xmas gift for the year, thankfully belatedly, for the sole purpose of use with Yoshimi:

a 25-key synth - Nektar Impact LX25+
Good on you finding that.  I did a read on the Nektar site and reviews, looks like just the thing for synthus profundus :-).  Their pedals get reviews surprisingly good given the price, my next sustain pedal will be theirs; I have one squeaking now.

--

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    (785)233-9977
Hear us at ponderworthy.com <http://ponderworthy.com/> -- CDs and MP3 available! <http://ponderworthy.com/ad-astra/ad-astra.html>