Re: deutex makefile: distclean target and "make help" change

  • From: Andre Majorel <amajorel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:33:36 +0200

On 2006-04-21 15:54 +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> At 1145289285 past the epoch, Andre Majorel wrote:
>
> > echo -e is not portable
>
> Oh right, I didn't realise that. Disregard that chunk :)
> Although be aware I wrote a line for distclean.

Did that too.

> > Excellent. Well done. Does it build OK on the more exotic
> > architectures ?
>
> I confess to only trying it on ppc and x86 so far. If it
> makes it through the NEW queue unscathed, it will join
> various buildd queues within debian and be run on the more
> esoteric archs like MIPS, etc.

OK. I was not sure if it was in buildd yet.

> I may have a go at compiling and running it on the
> sourceforge compile farm. I've recently been looking at that
> for this purpose and it's a great resource.

Good thing they included Solaris. Once your shell scripts run
with Solaris' /bin/sh, they're likely to work on the other System V
shells (UnixWare, SCO, MP-RAS, Sinix...).

It's nice to have a dumb ld to catch -l order issues but I don't
think there's one here. Irix 6.5 had one.

The following have already been tested :

  AIX 4.3       PPC 32          4.4.902
  HP-UX 11.11   PA-RISC 32      4.4.902
  Irix 6.2      MIPS            4.4.899
  Irix 6.5      MIPS 64 BE      4.4.903
  Mac OS 10.4.2 Mac PPC 32      4.4.903
  MP-RAS 3.0    i386            4.4.899
  OpenUnix 8.0  i386            4.4.901
  SLES 9        x86-64          4.4.901
  Solaris 7     SPARC 32        4.4.899
  Solaris 8     SPARC 32        4.4.901
  Solaris 8     SPARC 64        4.4.901

Most of those with some version of GCC. Can't remember if I
tested on any BSD.

--
André Majorel <amajorel@xxxxxxxxx>
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/