Re: deutex makefile: distclean target and "make help" change

  • From: Andre Majorel <amajorel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:54:45 +0200

On 2006-04-17 13:33 +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:

> This patch adds a "make distclean" target which behaves like
> an autoconf Makefile would. If you included this, it would
> minorly simplify the rules file for the debian package.

Hi Jon. Done, it'll be in 4.4.903 (or whatever the next release
is).

> It also changes the multiple echo calls in the "make help"
> target to one: my terminal is pretty slow (gnome-terminal)
> and the multiple calls actually lagged the terminal on
> print-out!

Which is saying something ! But echo -e is not portable and, even
on my lowly 800-MHz C3, it prints faster than I can read so I
can't guarantee I won't let apathy get the better of me.

> Also, some good news: the deutex is sitting in debian's NEW
> queue!

Excellent. Well done. Does it build OK on the more exotic
architectures ?

--
André Majorel <amajorel@xxxxxxxxx>
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/