Re: current yadex sources

  • From: Andre Majorel <amajorel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 10:36:31 +0100

On 2011-01-04 20:10 +0100, Oliver Brakmann wrote:

> Hi André, everyone, how are you doing?

Still walking. :-) Haven't we crossed paths before ? Your name
rings a bell.

> I'm trying to (casually) get back into Doom mapping, but I'm having a
> hard time finding a decent editor.  After seeing that the yadex pages on
> your site haven't been updated in five years, I tried slade2, which
> compiled just fine, but unfortunately segfaults left, right and center
> whenever you look at it the wrong way :-/

Damn, Slade was my escape plan.

> So after finally digging deep enough to find out that yadex is still
> being developed (thanks for that!), I tried compiling 1.7.901, but it
> wouldn't. I could not find an archive of the 1.7.902 sources,

I don't think I've ever released it.

> and the patches I found on on the freelists archive page are
> broken due to inserted line wraps.

That's bad news. Do you have a URL of a broken patch ?

> So, could you, or someone else, please send me a link to the current
> sources of yadex (ie. ones that will compile on Ubuntu Lucid), if
> available?

The current sources are on my disk and not ready for release at
the moment. Did Brian's patch solve your problem ?

> Do these sources already contain all those patches from the
> patch page?

Andrew Apted's ? No. For the time being, my priority is to fix
what's broken and get 1.8 out.