Re: building deutex 4.4.902 with gcc 4.0.3

  • From: Jon Dowland <jon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:11:59 +0000

At 1142435507, Andre Majorel wrote:
> Hi Jon. I know about these. If there are any architectures
> where you can't swap (char *) and (unsigned char *), I
> doubt they have a Debian port. How badly do you want these
> warnings removed ? Unless there's a strong reason for it,
> I plan to leave them alone for the time being.

The warnings can stay: I just wanted to make sure you knew
about them. My sponsor pointed them out to me -- my pbuilder
chroot was still using GCC 3.x so they were news to me :) I
don't think they are important, as the char * buffers are
not interpeted as characters anyway.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/