Yadex improvement for version 1.5.2

  • From: Barry Mead <bmead15@xxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:05:44 -0500

What the improvement does:

I often use Yadex to view the levels created by others.  I find that
it makes a good level viewer as well as level editor.  As a level
viewer, however it lacked one useful feature "Find by type".  If you
are in the sector editing mode "Find by type" lets you look for a
sector by its type.  (Say you are looking for a secret area then find
by type 9)  If you are in thing editing mode then "Find by type" lets
you look for an item by its type (where is the yellow key card?).  If
you are editing linedefs then "Find by type" lets you look for a line
by its type (Where is the end of level switch?)

The "Find by type" feature is fully integrated into the menu system
and uses sub-menus to select the sector/item/line types.

The find operation searches from the currently highlighted item to the
last item of the edit-mode type until it finds a match.  In this way
one can find (all of the secret areas) for example.  To insure that
the item will be found, it is often convient to use the "J 0" command
before the find command to jump to item number zero before the search
begins.  Each find is like a find next.  To go back to the beinning do a
 "J0".

Just apply the diff files as patches to the files in the yadex/src directory
and do a make  & (root) make install.