Re: Unstarting editor with option -i1

  • From: Andre Majorel <amajorel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 02:31:47 +0200

[Your email was marked for moderation because you are not
subscribed to yadex@. And possibly because it contained HTML.]

On 2013-07-13 12:37 +0200, Nelson Zamith wrote:

> I actually run Arch and i got yadex installed via compilation
> of the AUR package via makepkg and installed it correctly via
> pacman.
>
> The problem is that when I'm starting yadex with the -i1
> option (if i got things right from the --help, this option is
> used to load a DOOM1 WAD file) I got this output :
>
> [nelson@posix ~]$ yadex -i1 DOOM.WAD
> Yadex 1.7.0 (2013-07-13)
> Reading config file "/etc/yadex.cfg".
> Reading game definition file "/usr/share/yadex/doom2.ygd".
> /usr/share/doom/doom2.wad: No such file or directory
> Error: If you don't give me an iwad, I'll quit. I'm serious.
>
> It looks like yadex ignored my argument :)
> More "bizzare", when i load the same doom1 file, but with
> option -i2, the editor is starting :
>
> [nelson@posix ~]$ yadex -i2 DOOM.WAD
> Yadex 1.7.0 (2013-07-13)
> Reading config file "/etc/yadex.cfg".
> Reading game definition file "/usr/share/yadex/doom2.ygd".
>
> ** Welcome to Yadex. Glad you've made it so far. :-)
> **
> ** ...
>
> What I'm scared of, is that yadex is loading a 'definition
> file" for doom2 (at least it's what I'm understanding) with a
> doom wad file ...
>
> Is that all right if I just work with -i2 on doom's WAD ?

-i1, -i2, -i3 etc. do not tell Yadex to edit for Doom or Doom II
or Heretic. They just tell Yadex where the iwads for those games
are.

It's -g that sets the game to edit for. The command line you
want is

  yadex -i1 DOOM.WAD -g doom