Re: Hello

  • From: Andre Majorel <amajorel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 17:33:03 +0100

On 2003-12-24 09:10 -0600, John Gaughan wrote:
> Andre Majorel wrote:

> You French people are always well-mannered, despite what Bush says :-)

Both opinions are over-generalisations, I'm afraid. :-)

> >Ha! Ideas... The TODO file is full of them...
>
> Yes, but how many of them are good and/or feasible?

I'm not the right person to ask, because if I didn't think so,
they probably wouldn't have made it to the TODO to begin with.

To be a little more explicit: don't be under the impression that
the development of Yadex is stalled because I'm short on ideas.
There are already more than 300 items in TODO and I have a
pretty good idea of what I should be doing next. What holds me
back is that I currently don't have much time to code, nor to
review and integrate the patches that people send me.

> >>1. Texture/flat browser like later versions of DEU/DETH.
> >
> >How is it ? I've long meant to make a texture/flat selector that
> >shows more than one item at a time but never got around to it.
>
> DEU had extra options on the menu for sectors and sidedefs: browse
> upper, browse lower, browse floor, etc.

Doesn't ring a bell. That mustn't be in DEU 5.21.

The plan so far is to make a selector that shows a bunch of
textures or flats at a time and that's easy to use with the
keyboard (the arrow keys move the "cursor" and return
validates). And have other separate bindings to:

- set the texture/flat like the neighbouring linedef/sector,

- pop-up a list of the ten most used textures/flats and let you
  pick one.

> >>2. yadex.cfg setting to lock the grid on startup.
> >
> >I'm curious why you need this.
>
> Because I always lock the grid, and this option would save a keystroke
> every time I open an editor window.

I'd like to know the reason why you don't want the grid step to
automatically adjust. That was supposed to be a feature. If it
isn't, it would be useful to me to understand why.

--
André Majorel <amajorel@xxxxxxxxx>
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/