Editing Doom on Linux PPC

  • From: "Adam" <alomac@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:23:37 +1000

Is it possible to get Yadex and various other Doom utilities (Specifically,
I want to design my own sprites and textures) to run uder Linux on a PowerPC
machine. I have a Macintosh PowerBook 3400 which I'm planning to put Yellow
Dog Linux on, but if I can't edit Doom on it, I'll probably end up getting a
PC laptop.

I know that most utils come as source, and can therefore be modified, but I
don't know a shred of C, so unless some smarter person has already done the
brain-work, I'll probably end up hitting eBay.

Cheers,
Adam.