Re: DeuTex 4.4.902 is out

  • From: Jon Dowland <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:18:46 +0100

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 12:21:17AM +0200, Andre Majorel wrote:
> I don't know what your trade-offs are but I think you could prefix
> all occurrences of "$BINDIR" and "$MANDIR" in configure with
> "\$(DESTDIR)". Simple and, I think, robust.

I've adopted this approach, thank you.

> You'll also have to modify Makefile.in to call install(1) with the
> -D option. Something along these lines :

This isn't necessary for the debian package: there is a file "dirs"
which defines which directories need to be created, and the harness does
this prior to executing the makefile. However it looks like it might be
a good idea in general.

There are only a couple of items left for me to go over before I'll
resubmit the package :)

a) man (groff, nroff, troff, or something) complains about the copyright
   symbol in deutex.6. I am still looking into this, but the most
   pragmatic fix would be to just put (c) in instead :) I believe it may
   be possible to instead specify an encoding somewhere (defaults to
   ascii I believe)

b) On the man front, there's a deutex.6 in the root of the build
   directory and also in docsrc. Would you like a patch to clarify which
   is 'master'?

c) -Wall gives some minor warnings: namely, 'suggest explicit parens'
   around areas where nested if/else blocks don't have them, and a
   procedure defined but not used (dump_junk src/sscript.c:221). I
   presume that this is not news :) I don't suppose you want them
   'fixed', too?

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/