Re: DeuTex 4.4.902 is out

  • From: Andre Majorel <amajorel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jon Dowland <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:08:02 +0200

On 2005-09-11 00:17 +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:

> Hi Andre, sorry for the recent radio-silence.

Hi Jon. No problem.

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:25:35PM +0200, Andre Majorel wrote:
> > With 4.4.902, the quick test (decompose and recompose the Ultimate
> > Doom iwad) will create a 12,395,672 bytes pwad whose MD5 checksum
> > is 5f34467674a79ad652f8497691ba71d5.
>
> I will try and perform a similar test tomorrow. I've summed some of my IWAD
> collection for anyone who is interested:
> <http://jon.dowland.name/code/doom/doom-data/>.

We don't have the same MD5 for our Ultimate Doom iwad. Mine dates
from 1996 so I must have hacked it. Now to find the floppies...

> > This is a release candidate for 4.5.0. Jon is going to feed it to
> > the Debian buildd. If no problems turn up, I'll announce it on
> > Doomworld etc. to get a bit more feedback. Or maybe I'll just
> > change the version number to 4.5.0 re-release it as is.
>
> I've got debian packages of 4.4.0 at
> <http://debian.halfcoded.net>, although they are somewhat out-of-date.
> I've had some constructive criticism from my sponsor regarding
> packaging.

Did I mention that I installed your .deb ? That was 4.4.0-1 on a
testing i386. Worked fine AFAICS.

> I will be applying this criticism to packaging 4.4.902, then hopefully
> we'll get it into the archive and can start collecting buildd output :)

You'll have less to do with 4.4.902. All the email addresses have
been mangled. Also, configure now handles the FHS distinction
between /usr and /usr/local ($(PREFIX)/share/man for the former,
$(PREFIX)/man for the latter, unless it's changed yet again). But
I see you're setting PREFIX to "$(DESTDIR)/usr", in which case
configure will go for $(PREFIX)/man anyway. I thought you would
use chroot instead.

One note : in

  http://debian.halfcoded.net/source/deutex_4.4.0-3.diff.gz

the "Copyright Holder" section lists just Olivier and me. Unless
you performed a GIFectomy shouldn't this include David Koblas,
David Kaplan and Jef Poskanzer ?

> >   * Sound: new option -rate to specify what DeuTex should do when
> >     including sound files whose sample rate is not exactly 11025 Hz. The
> >     choices are :
>
> We (freedoom upstream) are particularly pleased to see this :-D

Sorry for the delay. I don't do much audio hacking and don't
notice these problems.

--
André Majorel <amajorel@xxxxxxxxx>
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/