Re: DeuTex 4.4.902 is out

  • From: Jon Dowland <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 00:19:58 +0100

[belated reply, apologies]

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 07:42:07PM +0200, Andre Majorel wrote:
> If it complains about "é", it's a bit stickier as it would have
> to be simulated with overstriking, IIRC. Groff lets you specify
> arbitrary unicode characters but it's a Groff extension.

Yes it does complain about the acute-accented-e, unfortunately. The
groff extension does stop it complaining, but of course that means it
isn't pure roff anymore.

However in debian that might not be a problem (groff might be essential.
The package is priority: optional, but it might be implicitly
essential). It would be only a very minor patch for me to maintain - I
will dig.

> > b) On the man front, there's a deutex.6 in the root of the build
> >    directory and also in docsrc. Would you like a patch to clarify which
> >    is 'master'?
>
> Maybe. I'm not sure what sort of patch you have in mind.

Neither am I yet - still trying to unravel how this works. I gather
./deutex.6 is derived from ./docsrc/deutex.6, but isn't re-built on each
make clean; make cycle. I see ./unixtmp1/deutex.6 is built from `deutex
-man`. I haven't read much further.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/