Re: DeuTex 4.4.902 is out

  • From: Jon Dowland <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 00:17:30 +0100

[Note from moderator: I had to manually approve this post. It
seems j@xxx is subscribed to yadex-announce@ but not to yadex@.]

Hi Andre, sorry for the recent radio-silence.

Hello list :)

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:25:35PM +0200, Andre Majorel wrote:
> With 4.4.902, the quick test (decompose and recompose the Ultimate
> Doom iwad) will create a 12,395,672 bytes pwad whose MD5 checksum
> is 5f34467674a79ad652f8497691ba71d5.

I will try and perform a similar test tomorrow. I've summed some of my IWAD
collection for anyone who is interested:
<http://jon.dowland.name/code/doom/doom-data/>.

> This is a release candidate for 4.5.0. Jon is going to feed it to
> the Debian buildd. If no problems turn up, I'll announce it on
> Doomworld etc. to get a bit more feedback. Or maybe I'll just
> change the version number to 4.5.0 re-release it as is.

I've got debian packages of 4.4.0 at
<http://debian.halfcoded.net>, although they are somewhat out-of-date.
I've had some constructive criticism from my sponsor regarding
packaging.

I will be applying this criticism to packaging 4.4.902, then hopefully
we'll get it into the archive and can start collecting buildd output :)

>   * Sound: new option -rate to specify what DeuTex should do when
>     including sound files whose sample rate is not exactly 11025 Hz. The
>     choices are :

We (freedoom upstream) are particularly pleased to see this :-D

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/