Re: copying & pasting between XY and MS

  • From: "Kari Eveli" <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "XyList" <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:51:07 +0200

One technique that I have found useful for communicating between XyWrite and
Windows applications is to use a clipboard commit program, which writes and/or
reads clipboard contents.
I have used Dave Navarros Clip.exe (freeware:
http://www.brothersoft.com/clip-3490.html) I have a batch file for commiting
clipboard contents to a scratch file and a keyboard routine in Xy for reading
the clipboard scratch file into Xy. In the VirtualPC setup this file resides in
a shared folder.

Overcoming upper ASCII problems is easier when you have a DOS ASCII capable
notepad replacement. This freeware program is great:
http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)