Re: Was OT--Win7 and disk partitions; now using Linux

  • From: Paul Lagasse <pglagasse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:40:17 -0400

Virtualbox and VMware are among the other options; both are available in free versions.

I never used Mint Daryna (Mint 4) -- I've used Mint 5-7, though I'm using Ubuntu now because wmctrl (a program I use to open or switch to other programs via the keyboard) was less quirky in Ubuntu. I found Mint largely trouble-free and for Linux pretty "user-friendly" -- but it depends on what you want to do. The list of distros in Linux is long, and there are multiple distros aimed at each level of user experience or user need. If you have Virtualbox up and running, it's easy enough to try out different Linux distros by booting the ISO's.

Paul

On 03/22/2010 10:59 AM, J R FOX wrote:
--- On Sun, 3/21/10, Paul Lagasse<pglagasse@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I think Mint does an even better job for the average user.
I gave Dayna Mint a try and was about as much at sea as with
the other live distros.

In regard to DOSBOX vs. DOSEMU, is there no VIRTUALBOX for Linux ?

   Jordan